Video marketing statistics prove that video’s popularity is skyrocketing. It’s everywhere these days. It has quickly become the primary player in online marketing.
So it’s no wonder that video marketing has become a must-have for every business. Actually, video marketing is now expected by customers!
With that in mind, here are 7 Insane (But True) Video Marketing Statistics.
Video Marketing Statistics by the Numbers
The benefits of video marketing for business are beyond question. But don’t just take our word for it.
1) 90% of customers also say videos help them make buying decisions.
2) 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video.
3) 64% of customers will make a purchase after watching branded videos on social platforms.
If you aren’t creating video, you’re probably falling behind.
Social media posts with video have 48% more views
Statistics for Video Marketing on Social Media
Typically, video marketing means using videos to promote and market your business. But video can be used for so much more, including educating your customers about your services and increasing visitor engagement online through social channels.
Social media has taught us that video drives much more engagement than text-based posts or even posts with still images.
4) Social media posts with video have 48% more views.
5) 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound, while 60% of Instagram Stories are watched with the sound on.
The truth is that video is key to all your marketing efforts … especially reputation, review, and social strategies.
Content Statistics for Video Marketing
Content should be produced in a conversational, actionable, and measurable way. This is especially true for video.
In your video’s opening seconds, you must say what your video is about and give the viewer confidence that what they’re about to watch is worth their time.
6) Videos under two minutes long get 70% average engagement.
To create a successful video, you must bring your story to life quickly,
7) Video on landing pages is capable of increasing conversion rates by over 80%.
And that’s true for posts on your website and social media. Because people prefer watching videos rather than reading text.
8) Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text.
BONUS – Even More Video Marketing Statistics
Yeah, we said 7 video marketing statistics, and we’re already over that. But we couldn’t help ourselves. So here’s a few more.
Video also helps you rank better on Google because eye-popping video thumbnails stand out among the boring text results.
9) Video increases organic search traffic on a website by 157%.
10) A website is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google if it includes video.
Another point: since people watch videos with AND without audio, you have to think about making your video engaging and interesting for viewers when it’s playing silently or with the sound on.
And finally, when creating videos, be sure to optimize your content with calls to action (CTA). That’s primarily why you create videos in the first place – to get people to take action! With that in mind,
11) Mid-roll CTAs appear to convert at the highest rate with an average conversion rate of 16.95%.
Bottom Line – Video Means Money
By now, you’ve seen that if you aren’t producing branded video content on a regular schedule, you’re absolutely falling behind your competitors – and losing money!
There’s really no excuse NOT to create videos alongside your written content.
Today it’s easy to create video content. But be Smart. You shouldn’t create a digital marketing video without first doing the proper research and creating a plan.
We’re here to help with all your video marketing needs. And we can integrate your video marketing plan into the rest of your online marketing efforts. Contact us today.